Monday, April 15, 2013

It's Spring and Time for a Frantage Video Tutorial

~ THE TOP PICKS FROM THE MARCH CHALLENGE WERE ANNOUNCED LAST NIGHT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THEM.~


Morning Crafters,

Warning - Long Post, grab a coffee, sit back and chill

I am a little excited today and a little nervous, well actually a lot nervous, lol.  Sandy and the Team have been receiving quite a few emails about the frantage that we have all been using, so I have made a little tutorial.  It's my first video, so please go easy on me, although I would really love to read your thoughts on it, but before you do I would like to show you my DT card for this week's theme with is "Spring". To me Spring signifies daffodils so I have done my card using yellow and blue for bluebells. 

I have used the new Maja Designs Spring Basics 12x12, 1st, 2nd and 3rd April and the little calendar is from the Maja Designs Spring Basics 6x6 pad. I have used an image from one of my favourite artists, Sarah Kay, I just love Sarah's images, and yes I have have frantaged this card too, lol. All products used on my card and on the video are on the thumbnails at the bottom of the post, just click and you'll be directed to the product within the Live and Love Crafts Store.



Here's a close up of the floral display and you can just see in the corner one of the metal corners which I have also frantaged along with the beads, check them out, they are sooooo cool, well not at first when you melt them, lol.  Isn't the Penny Farthing just awesome, I absolutely love it!


You can see that I have cut out a magnolia corner and also added a little frantage.  The little peg had a dose of gesso, another favourite of mine. All the edges have been distressed with walnut stain distress ink.  Again, you can see the beads clearly in this image.


And wow look at this wooden butterfly that I have frantaged and the beautiful mottley effect that it gives.  Love, love, love it.
 Lastly a close up of the image, coloured in distress inks.

O.K. now it's time to show you how I made all these embellishments using the FRANTAGE. Hope you enjoy it and I'd love to hear what you think of my first video.



If you have made it to the end then thank you.  The time just flew.  Just for a recap for you I have put some of the colours below.



And here's the products, all frantaged in their glory.  You will see in the bottom right hand corner one of the new prima clocks, doesn't it look fab frantaged, lol.



 Hope I have inspired you and I look forward to popping back to see what you thought of my card and the video.

Hugs Tracy x

 Follow Me on Pinterest


28 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tutorial, it's really useful.
    I was already wondering how it has to be used.
    Now I can try it out!
    Lovely regards
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Tracy on your first tutorial and what a great tutorial it was too, I thoroughly enjoyed watching that, having just bought my first 3 pots of Frantage from LLC and I have been playing all weekend with it :o)
    I had a go at doing butterflies last night and loved the result, can't wait to frantage some metal bits now. Ooh thanks ever so much for the inspiration.
    Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I got so carried away with your tutorial I forgot to say I love your fabulous card too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! love frantage, and your tutorial is just perfect!
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial!!! We need these instructions. I hope it will be more tutorials in the future. Awesome card!!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning card from Tracy and fab tut.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so beautiful! thank you for your tutorial - just ordered my first Fran-táge Embossing Enamels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful tuto and a gorgeous card. Thanks so much for this. It is very helpful for me bcause I wait for my own frantage to use.

    HUGS Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi just wanted to say i loved the tutorial, It's good to see all the differant materials you can use with it. Thank you, Would love more tutorials please,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tutorial Tracy! I've had to order some of these!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, look - was so busy congratulating you on the video, I forgot to mention the card over at your blog, Tracy - need I say that I love it?! Gorgeous work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabbie video, love the pearls would never have thought to do those in case the bead melted. inspirational as always
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, you have showcased the product so well, been intrigued with this product since I started noticing it on everyone's cards. Appreciate your time in explaining it all and the tutorial was fantastic. Time to play now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Tracey, that was fab, I didnt have a clue what Frantage was and now I do, and now I want it! LOl. thanks for the tutorial, Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Very, very well made tutorial and for it being your first, that was awesome! You covered everything I had questions about the Frantage and made it look super easy! Love the little tips you add in there too...and with me being so clumsy, I'm one of them that could use the tips LOL! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial and when I do get my but creating again and use this technique, I will be sure to spread the word about your tut!!

    Oh and stunning card by the way! :)

    Big Hugs,
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Tracy, I'm loving using these new products, I haven't tried the pearls yet, thanks so much for the amazing tut. Great work hon and a stunning card.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Tracy and fabulous tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi So many cool tips so much fun to be had ..Thank you ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card Tracy. But oh my! I am so pleased to have found your Tutorial. It is simply brilliant and soinspiring! Thank you! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word I am loving seeing how you used this stuff. I've seen it on Teresa's beautiful cards & a few other ladies & Teresa was kind enough to send me to watch your video. GREAT job on & can't believe it was your 1st. LOVE the product, loved the video & absolutely loved your card !!!
    Thanks for sharing your amazing talent.
    hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much Tracy, I have 2 lots of frantage and didn't really know what to do with it but I do now...lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much, very fab video tutorial and it gave lots of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Tracy's video tutorial. /Sandy

      Delete
  24. I just watched your tutorial! It was great and very inspirational!
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! What a totally stunning card. I've been wondering how to use this stuff for ages. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OOO I love Frantage and like this tutorial. I never used it on pearl befor but I am sure I am going to try this because the effect is so lovely. What a beautiful card and thank you for the tutorial.
    Liefs Hanny♥, http://tierelantijntjes.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tutorial and thank you for making and sharing..Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete